- MedlinePlus Accurate, current, medical information for consumers. Provides access to extensive information about specific diseases and conditions, NLM websites, a dictionary & encyclopedia, drug & supplement information.
- Family Doctor.org Health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Harvard Medical School Trusted advice for a healthier Life Medical dictionary.
- NIH Senior Health A consumer health information web site developed for older adults by the National Institute on Aging and the National Library of Medicine. The site is "senior friendly," offering the ability to enlarge the text, turn on high contrast, and have the text read aloud.
- Healthfinder A consumer health site from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services searchable by word or subject.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Publications, data and statistics, and general health information. Health info for men, women and travelers.
- American Cancer Society Make healthy lifestyle choices
- Indian Health Service Designed to raise the health status of American Indians and Alaskan Natives. Included are listings of workshops and training sessions for health care professionals as well as those in health care administration.
- Medline/Pubmed Aimed at health professionals. Provides access to MEDLINE as well as additional life science journals.
- MedHunt A search engine dedicated to finding accurate health information on the Internet. For both medical professionals and the general public.
- HealthInfoIowa A consumer health information resource from the State Library of Iowa. Information for consumers, practitioners and students.
- MedlinePlus Drug Supplements, and Herbal Information A guide to more than 9,000 prescription and over-the-counter medications provided by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- RxList-The Internet Drug Index This site has information about prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbs, and supplements, searchable by generic and brand name. It also has a useful pill identifier tool, information and slide shows about diseases and health topics, and a medical dictionary.
- Nutrition.Gov Provides easy, online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers. En Español.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) Seeks to promote health by educating the public about nutrition and alcohol. It represents citizens' interests before legislative, regulatory and judicial bodies.
- Office of the Surgeon General America's chief health educator, giving Americans the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury.
- Iowa Department of Public Health Provides public awareness messages about health issues; assists in developing policies that encourage and support healthy behaviors; and promotes behavior change programs designed to improve health.
©2017 -- Iowa Department of Public Health -- (515) 281-7689. A Web Application by Informatics, Inc.