- Coping with Traumatic Events SAMHSA site with links to materials to keep families, schools, students, adults and responders informed.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Government site for national mental health information on specific disorders, diagnosis and treatments, news and events, and research activities.
- Mental Health America (MHA) An advocacy organization working to improve the mental health of all Americans, especially the 54 million individuals with mental disorders, through advocacy, education, research and service. Online depression screening, discussion boards, news releases, publications.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) A self-help organization that offers support, education, advocacy and research for consumers, families, and friends of people with mental illnesses. Information and resources.
- Iowa National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI Iowa) NAMI IOWA, formed in 1984, provides families with support, systems advocacy, and information services.
- Alianza Nacional para los Enfermos Mentales (NAMI) Website y materiales de NAMI en Español.
- Iowa Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health A statewide advocacy organization working to assist parents of children who have emotional or behavioral disorders, are receiving mental health system services, are receiving special education services, or are in the juvenile justice system.
- Mental Health Net Information on disorders. Links to professional resources, articles, a self-help book, a forum, chat room, and a quarterly e-journal, Perspectives: A Mental Health Magazine
- Healthy Minds. Healthy Lives Information for the public from the American Psychiatric Association. Brochures, fact sheets.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) Established to educate patients, families, and the public. Information, brochures.
- The National Center for PTSD (NCPTSD) Aims to advance the clinical care and social welfare of U.S. Veterans through research, education and training on PTSD and stress-related disorders. This site is an educational resource on PTSD and traumatic stress, for veterans and also for mental health care providers, researchers and the general public.
- American Psychological Association (APA) Articles, publications, news. APA's Help Center; Information, and resources for mental help geared for the public.
- Co-Occurring Disorders (SAMHSA) SAMHSA site with news and features, webinars.
- Dual Diagnosis(NLM) MedlinePlus topic page with links to dual diagnosis resources.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Overcoming Alcohol and Drug Addiction While Coping with Depression or Anxiety, from Helpguide.org.
- Co-occurring Disorders - Mental Health America
Factsheets, related links.
- Iowa Dual Recovery Anonymous IDRA recognizes the importance of peer support groups in the recovery process and encourages and supports Dual Recovery Anonymous meetings throughout the State of Iowa.
- Iowa Advocates for Mental Health Recovery Our mission is to “create opportunities for advancing hope and recovery for all by transforming our community and the mental health system it reflects to one of respect and trust by educating, advocating, and empowering".
©2017 -- Iowa Department of Public Health -- (515) 281-7689. A Web Application by Informatics, Inc.