- Understanding Mental Illness: Get Help Coping with a Traumatic Event and Learn the Facts about Mental Illness and Violence Tragic campus shootings have raised many questions regarding mental illness. This SAMHSA site offers links to materials to keep you informed about this important topic.
- The BACCHUS Network College and university peer education network with a focus on alcohol abuse prevention and other related student health and safety issues. Statistics about college students & alcohol, rape, use of illicit drugs, and eating disorders.
- College Drinking; Changing the Culture Provides research-based information about the nature and extent of dangerous drinking. Includes alcohol fac ts, links, research, college alcohol policies, statistics, interactive tools to determine the effects of alcohol on the body, calculate BAC, calories and cost of drinking, PowerPoint presentations to use. Student page.
- Tobacco Free U A Bacchus and Gamma site full of personal information on tobacco as well as resources for your college campus.
- College Gambling.org Learn about gambling and gambling disorders, the warning signs of a gambling problem, and how to promote campus awareness of the issue.
- Problem gambling treatment providers in Iowa.
- National Eating Disorders Association Dedicated to increasing the awareness and prevention of eating disorders. Provides educational resources for schools, health professionals, and individuals interested in learning more about preventing eating disorders.
- Stalking Resource Center From the National Center for Victims of Crime. Information, legislation, statistics, resources in English and Spanish.
- Go Ask Alice! This site from Columbia University offers young people private and confidential answers to health questions.
- SmarterSex.org The Bacchus and Gamma Peer Education Network sexual health web site for college students. Topics include: safe sex, HIV/AIDS, STDs, date rape, healthy relationships.
- Special for Rape Victims In English and Spanish. A guide for rape victims and those who want to help them.