Synthetic Drugs (K2, Bath Salts)
Iowa Statewide Poison Control Center
For poison emergency call 1-800-222-1222 (voice and TTY)
- Synthetic Marijuana Comprehensive information on K2, spice, bath salts, and salvia from the Iowa Governor's Office of Drug Control Policy. Includes Iowa legislation.
- Bath Salts Comprehensive information on bath salts from the Iowa Governor's Office of Drug Control Policy. Includes Iowa legislation.
- Emerging Drugs NIDA site with information on K2/spice, bath salts, flakka and many more.
- Synthetic Drugs (a.k.a. K2, Spice, Bath Salts, etc.)Includes history, legislation, risk, and further resources. From the Office of Drug Control Policy.
- Iowa on Alert for New Class of Dangerous Synthetic Drugs
The newest drug, known as "U-47700," is a synthetic opioid. Several times more potent than morphine, with no known or accepted medical use, U-47700 is one of a growing number of new synthetic opioids appearing across the country. Many of the new drugs are analogs of the powerful painkiller fentanyl, also being reported in Iowa. Exposures to U-47700 can cause sedation, respiratory depression and respiratory arrest that can be lethal. From the Office of Drug Control Policy.
- K2Drug Facts Comprehensive site with latest news, legislation, resources, and further links.
- FAQ: K2, Spice Gold, and Herbal 'Incense': Legal Herbal Products Laced With Designer Drugs- Not Your Father's Marijuana WebMD article.