- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)Information on drugs of abuse, publications, events, research, organizations, funding, more.
- Self Drug Screening Do I have a drug problem? Find out with a new confidential online screening quiz.
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) Information on prevention, treatment, and education. Drug facts, statistical reports, media campaign, news and public affairs, National Drug Control Policy, report of science, medicine and technology.
- Get Smart about Drugs A DEA resource for parents.
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) U.S. Department of Justice. Data on the supply of illicit drugs to the US, including manufacturing, trafficking, and eradication efforts by drug type. Statistics on drug use, especially youth/teen use.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) Provides education, information, help and hope to the public. It advocates prevention, intervention and treatment through offices in New York and Washington, and a nationwide network of Affiliates.
- Partnership for a Drug-Free America Includes a comprehensive database of what drugs look like and what they do, resources for parents on how to raise a drug-free child, resources for youth, and answers to questions on many drug-related topics.
- Just think Twice DEA site, primarily for a teen audience; contains drug facts, photos, hot topics, cost of drug use to society, more.
- NIDA for teens; the Science Behind Drug Abuse NIDA site that explains science behind drug abuse and addiction.
- Streetdrugs.org Drug descriptions, photos, links to related reports, stats.
- HBO Addiction Series Originally broadcast on TV, this series explores the current state of addiction in America in nine segments, punctuated by the latest thinking on treatment and recovery by leading experts on drug and alcohol addiction.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) The UN agency responsible for coordinating activities relating to the international control of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances. Information on drug control reduction, crime prevention and criminal justice, treaty and legal affairs, analysis and statistics. Publishes Global Illicit Drug Trends
- NIDA En Español Información sobre las Drogas de Abuso más Comunes y Temas Relacionados
- Involuntary Commitment or Treatment -Proceedings for the involuntary commitment or treatment of a chronic substance abuser to a facility - Law from the Iowa Code beginning with Chapter 125, Section 75 continuing through Chapter 125 Section 92.
- Emergency detention, Ch.125.91
- How to talk to someone who abuses alcohol or other drugs Hazelden publication
- A Significant Number of Adults Can’t Identify Signs of Substance Abuse in Seniors; According to a New National Survey by Harris Poll on behalf of Caron Treatment Centers
- DAST 10 -Take this quiz, intended for adults 18 and older, if you're concerned about your drug use
- Drugs, Brains, and Behavior: The Science of Addiction - NIDA booklet provides scientific information about the disease of drug addiction, including the many harmful consequences of drug abuse and the basic approaches that have been developed to prevent and treat the disease.
- Drug Trends in Iowa- Powerpoint from ODCP
- NIDA InfoFacts: Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction
- NIDA InfoFacts: Science-Based Facts on Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Commonly Abused Drugs - succinct description of each drug's effects, including mental health consequences
- Drug Photos from StreetDrugs.org. Search individual drug name to view photo
- Drug Profiles from the Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Clearinghouse (SAMHSA) - the world's largest resource for current information and materials concerning substance abuse. Order materials, view online or download selected materials online.
- Substance Abuse Among the Elderly: a growing problem - Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- Dual Diagnosis: Just the Facts fact sheet from the Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association
- Addiction is a Brain Disease - overview by Alan I. Leshner PhD, Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Controlled Substances Act (DEA) includes Trafficking Penalties.
- Ten Drug and Alcohol Policies That Will Save Lives from Join Together.org
- National Drug Threat Assessment 2015 - DEA report
- SAMHSA Office of Applied Studies (OAS) - the latest national data on substance abuse. Includes OAS publications, NHSDA, DAWN, DASIS, SAMHDA, and statistics on drugs of abuse.
- NIDA Goes to School - Science-based Drug Abuse Education - Includes information for students and parents, and teaching resources for the classroom.
©2017 -- Iowa Department of Public Health -- (515) 281-7689. A Web Application by Informatics, Inc.