- Above the Influence Site goal is to help teens stand up to negative pressures, or influences. The more aware you are of the influences around you, the better prepared you will be to face them, including the pressure to use drugs, pills, and alcohol.
- College Binge Drinking Latest information on binge drinking for students, parents, and educators. Produced by Elements Behavioral Health.
- CollegeDrinkingPrevention.gov Sponsored by NIAAA, and designed to change the drinking culture on college campuses. Includes alcohol facts; college and university alcohol policies; tips, techniques and statistics for campus personnel, media, parents, and peer educators. College Student Section includes interactive tools to see the effects of alcohol on the body, calculate BAC, calories and cost of drinking.
The BACCHUS Network Actively promotes student and young adult based, campus and community-wide leadership on healthy and safe lifestyle decisions concerning alcohol abuse, tobacco use, illegal drug use, unhealthy sexual practices and other high risk behaviors.
- Harvard College Alcohol Study Harvard School of Public Health College Alcohol Study (CAS) examines key issues in college alcohol abuse, including the tradition of heavy drinking on college campuses, the role of fraternities and sororities and athletics, the relationship of state alcohol control measures and college policies to this behavior, and the role that easy access to alcohol and low prices play.
- Reducing Underage Drinking Through Coalitions: Youth and Adults United for Change and
A Matter of Degree Two national efforts supported by The American Medical Association and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to confront the issues and problems associated with youth and alcohol, and create solutions through environmental change.
©2017 -- Iowa Department of Public Health -- (515) 281-7689. A Web Application by Informatics, Inc.